The Resource Collection of historical papers on Abington

Collection of historical papers on Abington

Label
Collection of historical papers on Abington
Title
Collection of historical papers on Abington
Creator
Subject
Label
Collection of historical papers on Abington
Instantiates
Publication
Note
  • "In 1925 the Historic Research Committee of the Abington Woman's Club was formed for the purpose of creating an interest in historical events and places associated with Abington." -- first page
  • LOC
Contents
  • Significant dates in the history of the Town of Abington (page 1) -- Copy of the Original Charter of the Old Town of Abington (2nd page) -- Early history of Abington (3-7 pages) [author listed as Fanny S. Farrar] -- Rev. Samuel Brown, First Minister (page 8)
  • Meeting Houses (page 9-15) [author listed as Fannie S. Farar. -- Abington and Slavery (pages 15-16) [authored by Miss Claretta Beal] -- Island Grove (pages 16-17) -- Old Houses in West Abington, written by Martha Ford Arnold, 1912 (pages 18-20) -- One of the old landmarks (pages 21-22) [author listed as Clifford W. Reed.]
  • List of Publications containing history of Abington (Page 23) -- Pilgrimage through Abington [written by Mrs. Whitman Goethchius] (pages 24-26) -- Paper written by Rev. Halah H. Loud and read at West Abington at the 200th Anniversary of the town in 1912 (pages 27-30)
Extent
32 p. ; 24 cm.
System control number
817904
Label
Collection of historical papers on Abington
Publication
Note
  • "In 1925 the Historic Research Committee of the Abington Woman's Club was formed for the purpose of creating an interest in historical events and places associated with Abington." -- first page
  • LOC
Contents
  • Significant dates in the history of the Town of Abington (page 1) -- Copy of the Original Charter of the Old Town of Abington (2nd page) -- Early history of Abington (3-7 pages) [author listed as Fanny S. Farrar] -- Rev. Samuel Brown, First Minister (page 8)
  • Meeting Houses (page 9-15) [author listed as Fannie S. Farar. -- Abington and Slavery (pages 15-16) [authored by Miss Claretta Beal] -- Island Grove (pages 16-17) -- Old Houses in West Abington, written by Martha Ford Arnold, 1912 (pages 18-20) -- One of the old landmarks (pages 21-22) [author listed as Clifford W. Reed.]
  • List of Publications containing history of Abington (Page 23) -- Pilgrimage through Abington [written by Mrs. Whitman Goethchius] (pages 24-26) -- Paper written by Rev. Halah H. Loud and read at West Abington at the 200th Anniversary of the town in 1912 (pages 27-30)
Extent
32 p. ; 24 cm.
System control number
817904

Library Locations

    • Abington Public LibraryBorrow it
      600 Glinewicz Way, Abington, MA, 02351, US
      42.1176299 -70.955312
Processing Feedback ...